삶의 역설(逆說)
날아오르는 연줄을 끊으면 연은 더 높이 날 줄 알았습니다. 그러나 그 연은 땅바닥으로 떨어지고 말았습니다.
철조망을 없애면 가축들이 더 자유롭게 살 줄 알았습니다. 그러나 사나운 짐승에게 잡아 먹히고 말았습니다.
관심(關心)을 없애면 다툼이 없어질 줄 알았습니다. 그러나 다툼이 없으니 남남이 되고 말았습니다.
간섭을 없애면 편하게 살 줄 알았습니다. 그러나 곧바로 외로움이 뒤쫓아 왔습니다.
바라는 게 없으면 자족할 줄 알았습니다. 그러나 삶에 활력을 주는 열정도 사라지고 말았습니다.
불행(不幸)을 없애면 행복할 줄 알았습니다.
그러나 무엇이 행복인지 깨달을 수 없었습니다.
편안(便安)을 추구하면 권태(倦怠)가 오고,
편리(便利)를 추구하면 나태(懶怠)가 옵니다.
나를 불편하게 하던 것들이 사실은 내게 반드시 있어야 할 것들이었습니다.
오래 사는 것을 선택할 수는 없지만, 보람 있게 사는 것은 선택할 수 있습니다.
얼굴의 모양은 선택할 수 없지만, 얼굴 표정은 선택할 수 있습니다.
주어지는 환경은 선택할 수 없지만, 내 마음과 살아가는 자세는 선택할 수 있습니다.
그러므로 결국 행복도 나의 선택이고, 불행도 나의 선택입니다.
한 번 밖에 살 수 없는 짧은 인생, 서로 배려하며 사랑함으로써 감사와 즐거움이 넘치는 보람찬 삶을 누리기 바랍니다
지난 날을 돌아다보며 밝은 내일을 설계하는 좋은 계기가 되길 바랍니다.
(The Paradox of Life
I thought that if you cut the kite’s rising string, it would fly even higher. However, that kite ended up falling to the ground.
I thought that if the barbed wire was removed, the livestock would live more freely. But it was eaten by a fierce beast.
I thought that if we got rid of concern, the quarrels would disappear. However, since there was no quarrel, they ended up being strangers.
I thought that if I got rid of interference, I could live comfortably. But loneliness immediately followed.
I thought I could be content if I had nothing to wish for. However, even the passion that gives life its vitality has vanished.
I thought that if I got rid of unhappiness, I would know how to be happy.
However, I could not realize what happiness was.
If you pursue comfort, boredom comes,
If you pursue convenience, laziness follows.
What made me uncomfortable was, in fact, something I absolutely had to have.
You can’t choose to live a long life, but you can choose to live meaningfully.
You cannot choose the shape of the face, but you can choose the facial expression.
You cannot choose the environment that is given, but you can choose your mind and the way you live.
Therefore, in the end, happiness is also my choice, and so is unhappiness. it is my choice.
A short life that can only be lived once—may you enjoy a fulfilling life filled with gratitude and joy by loving and caring for one another
I hope this becomes a good opportunity to look back on the past and design a bright tomorrow.)
댓글 없음:
댓글 쓰기